2017 Photo Collective's Annual Members' Showcase
The Photo Collective holds an annual showcase at a local gallery or other venue for its members to collectively display and sell their work usually for one month sometime between August and October.
2017 Photo Collective Annual Members' Photography Show
1402 I Street (Corner of 14th and I streets)
Regular Hours: 12:00 p.m. to 4:00 p.m. Tuesday through Sunday
Show Dates: February 1-28, 2017
Artists' Reception: February 18th, 2017 from 1-4 p.m.
Admittance is Free
The 2017 Photo Collective Show at McHenry Museum is part of the larger FotoMODESTO event taking place during February 2017 which will have 22 exhibits at 22 venues throughout Modesto.
There will be a grand opening of the FotoMODESTO event
on Friday evening, February 3, 2017,
at the Mistlin Gallery, 1015 J Street, Modesto,
from 6:00 to 9:00 p.m.
at which time the artists who have displayed their work around town will be introduced. There will also be the ongoing Third Thursday Art Walk on February 16th when most of the exhibiting venues will be open for you to stroll and view.
- Chairperson: David Silva
- Image Drop Off: at the museum on January 21st
- Hanging Date: January 23rd
- Hanging Fee: $10
- Food: Virginia is heading up the food. Each member is to bring a snack, dessert, or finger food to the reception.
- The number of images each dues paying member is allowed to hang is determined via the space we have at the particular venue. Each member will be able to hang AT LEAST one (1) framed image with 2-4 being more typical. There should be room for 2 to 3 images per member at this show.
- While we try to give an equal amount of hanging space to everyone, if this is not completely possible, preference is given to ACTIVE members of the group--members who participate in meetings, etc.
- All presentation of images should be of gallery quality. All images hung in the show must be framed and matted. While a specific mat color isn't required, it is recommended to use White or Black with White being preferred. Frames can be either metal or wood but must be of high quality (no plastic frames). Unframed Metal and Wrapped Canvas prints are allowed but must be wired and ready for hanging.
- Images in the show are typically for sale, however this is not required unless by the venue we are showing in. If this is the case, then a commission is generally taken on all sales by the venue. This commission is set by the venue and is usually between 30% and 50%.
- Image Restrictions: While the club itself doesn't have restrictions as per the content that can be shown some venues do. In the case of the McHenry Museum nudes are generally not accepted.